Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Saver won't work after screen-sharing session

I often use screen-share from my laptop to access my Mac Pro desktop to perform simple tasks without actually going upstairs to access the computer. I have the desktop intitiate the screensaver with a lock screen to prevent access automatically after 10 minutes of inactivitity. However, after upgrading to OS 10.8.2 the screen saver no longer functions after using screen-share. It continues to "not" work even after ending my screen-share session and closing my laptop.

I have to re-start the desktop for the screen saver lock to function again (making it fairly useless). Any ideas how to correct this problem, or is this just a new Mountain Lion "feature."

Dave

PowerMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2009 2.66 GHz 8 Core, 16 GB RAM,

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 9:32 AM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2012 10:23 AM in response to David Strait

I found a related thread after positing this and suggest replies be directed there:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4330523?tstart=0

A couple more comments: I did a clean re-install of OS 10.8.2, deactivated "wake for network access", reset my P-ram and corrected permissions. Nothing helped.

I submitted feedback to Apple under OS X (Mountain Lion). I suggest everyone with this problem do the same.

Dave

Screen Saver won't work after screen-sharing session

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.