Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod and "Ipod ready" car stereo don't work

Hi,

I just installed a new Philips CED780 "designed for Ipod" car stereo - but my quite new Ipod classic 160 GB doesn't connect to it via the USB port.

Weird thing - my small Ipod touch works fine! Tried two different cables, but same story...

Anyone any idea what I could try?

Thanks!

iPod classic

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 10:18 AM

6 replies

Oct 8, 2012 1:52 AM in response to Jospie

Are you expecting the stereo to control the iPod - select tracks, playlists, play, pause etc - or are you only expecting it to play through and you will control what's playing via your iPod controls?

Looking at the instructions you should use your iPod cable to connect to the Philip's USB port and it should start playing, and you can control the device by the Philip's screen. I assume you are connecting it on this way, not via the headphone socket on the iPod?

Oct 8, 2012 3:31 AM in response to andy_j_corbett

Yes, to be fair this is exactly what I expect - the full control oof the Ipad via the car stereo's touch screen, like I can control the Ipod touch.

That's the most annoying thing, that the Ipod touch is working properly, the Ipod classic isn't, whilst both are connected exactly the same way with the same Apple cable to the USB port.😟

Feb 18, 2014 1:04 AM in response to Jospie

Hi, I too have this issue.

My iPod Classic 4TH Generation works fine however.

The only thing I can think of that is different is the new iPod 160GB 7th Gen is Formatted with a MAC.

Was your iPod formatted with a Mac Jospie?

The reset of the iPod (Toggle on/off, hold centre / menu) did not assist.

However,

After reformatting my iPod with my Mac - the pHilips CED780 Recognised my iPod once only. There after, No, it did not recognise again.

I've posted on Facebook Philips Car Audio Australia page - awaiting a response.

I've also emailed a few Philips dealers. Only one has responded.

I have used a CMD310 with the iPod classic successfully, But I 'upgraded' to the CED780 so I can control my iPod Classic.

Sigh.

I'll post a response here once I have news.

An progress in your iPod connection Jospie?

Ipod and "Ipod ready" car stereo don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.