Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAW Version 4.0 in Aperture 3.4.1 and Nikon D4 ?

Why does Aperture 3.4.1 ask me to reprocess my Nikon D4 files, saying that they are all processed with an oder RAW Version (3.0) in Aperture.

Looks like Apple hat now RAW Version 4.0 included.

Where can I find more information about the RAW Version 4.0 in Aperture.

It looks like it's changing my colors, too.

Thanks,

JO

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 10:38 AM

9 replies

Oct 9, 2012 4:07 AM in response to fotofun2012

I just checked my large Aperture library with RAW files from the last 8 years.

It looks like Aperture 3.4.1 wants to change the version of all RAW files since about 2008 till now.

These are RAW files from Canon mark III and Nikon D3s cameras.

Aperture is telling me to all these files:

"This photo was adjusted using an earlier version of Apple's RAW processing"

Offering a button to "Reprocess"

Was there any information about these changes on the Apple website?

Oct 9, 2012 8:25 AM in response to Joachim Frey

I have not found any info about RAW 4.x in the Support -- where are you seeing the reference?

In my Aperture Library to option to Reprocess is not citing the current version.

Also, choosing to Reprosses the images from my Nikon D800 makes no decernable change in the images when I choose it.

It seems likely to me that with the addition of Skin Tone to White Balancing options, some change in be triggered. I find slight changes if I change from any other option to Skin Tones without using the dropper at all. You might test toggling between the now three options for white balance without otherwise clicking anything else to see what if any change results.

Ernie

Oct 9, 2012 10:36 AM in response to Ernie Stamper

There is no specific reference to RAW 4.x version on the apple support website.

I only found this page which describes, what I'm seeing for my images:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3946

You can e.g. use the filter/search to select files which are RAW 3.0 version or other versions.

For D4 files, ther RAW 4.0 version changes the RAW fine tuning setting for "details" to zero as the default.

I don't know, why.

Oct 9, 2012 11:56 AM in response to fotofun2012

The image of the Sidebar in that linked article predate the current status, particularly on that for White Balance. Have you tried toggling the White Balance Mode selection?

I will have to study the implications of the RAW Fine Tuning settings. None of my images shot in RAW with my D300 have this option -- only those shot with my D800, but not those uploaded in the last few days. The RAW Fine Tuning section is only showing for those I reprocess.

Ernie

RAW Version 4.0 in Aperture 3.4.1 and Nikon D4 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.