13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2012 1:06 PM by Baby Boomer (USofA)
emaarkhan Level 1 (0 points)

Hello,

I have a 2012 13 inches macbook pro. Its been 2 months and after 1 month, after i upgraded to ML, it had reduced battery timings and fan noise. i got that part coz ML has battery drain issue.But now even after 10.8.2 upgrade, my batter gives me 2-2:30 hrs of browsing and its just been 2 months. I went to the authroized dealer whom i bought it from and asked for new piece. he told me the piece is ok, however we think its battery issue and it needs to be replace.somehow i can't digest my 2 months MBP getting opened by appl authorized dealer. Is he right about that of replacing battery or what? he ran MRI test too and it showed green. I really don't understand why its being drained and why can't he replace me with new piece instead of opening a 60 days old laptop. what is apple policy about something like this. open up or replace?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • clintonfrombirmingham Level 7 (30,000 points)

Replace only within 14 days of purchase. A lot of people have had battery isssues with 10.8.2 - it's not model specific. Take the new battery and see if your time improves.

Clinton

• emaarkhan Level 1 (0 points)

what if it doesn't help. as my exhaust is noisy too. they will open again for fan too?

It may or may not solve your problem - you'll never know if you don't give it a shot. Just have them check out the fan while they have the machine: there's no harm in removing the back of the machine - I've done it numerous times when upgrading RAM and SSD, cleaning fans, etc.

Clinton

so wht if it doesn't get solved even after that....wht does apple do. have it replaced or what

Just repaired. As I said, the replacement policy is during the first 14 days after purchase.

Clinton

• Baby Boomer (USofA) Level 9 (57,297 points)

You are still under warranty.  You should call AppleCare and ask all these questions to them.  Only they and Customer Relations can tell you what they will do for you.

This is a user to user message board.

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/199/19930497-1.gif

yes i know its a user forum but i came here for advice. The problem with applecare is that the number they give me that deals with my region is not reachable. calling applecare again is like telling the story all over again.don't they give u a id or something for ur history look up instead of telling them again n again?

I had my battery changed. but still the fan goes upto 6500 rpm just with 3 tabs and a video that i was screening on a website. is it ok? like right now  have 4 tabs open n aptana IDE and its 3000+. The guy at authroized centre says that the system will use fan as much it is needed. someone how i getting nearly to 4-5 hrs of batter time which is very rare..it dies with 3.5 hours after having battery replaced. wht should i do?

emaarkhan wrote:

don't they give u a id or something for ur history look up instead of telling them again n again?

When you call AppleCare, you are assigned a case number.  Each problem is assigned a case # & given to the customer.  It is up to the customer to keep the case number w/the rest of their important documents.

The problem with applecare is that the number they give me that deals with my region is not reachable.

Please clarify "my region""not reachable."  Click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this website.

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/200/20015676-1.gif

They never did assign me any number as they told me ur region "Pakistan" comes under some other region. So they gave me numbers which don't work. so i am dependent. However my macbook is like going nuts. today i was using IDE aptana and had to search something in it. the fan went to 7k rpm. just for search.. and other thing i mentioned aboved

You need take your MBP in for repairs and Apple must pay for the repairs as you are still under warranty.  If you don't use it you'll lose it!

Did you check the phone numbers by clicking on the "Contact Us" link as I previously suggested?

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/200/20016389-1.gif

yes i did, do you think its normal to have that 7k of RPM only for a software like aptana while its searching and nearly 6k when ur just having 3-4 tabs and one of them ur watching some streaming? the authorized centre changed my battery, but still i get 3-4 hrs or 4.5 just on web.he says the RPM will increase whenever MBP feels like having it. but 6-7k is **** a lot..its like i can hear airplan engine fan noise

Have you tried resetting the SMC?  Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/200/20016747-1.gif