Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will a screen protector with a silicone adhesive remove or impair the oleophobic coating on the iPhone 5's screen?

I'm going to be getting an iPhone 5 shortly and I already have screen protectors for it. The package says that the protectors use a silicone adhesive to adhere to the screen. I want to make sure that this adhesive will not remove or damage the oleophonic coating in any way. The screen protectors are these if it matters:http://www.greenonionssupply.com/iphone-accessories/iphone-5-crystal-oleophobic- screen-protector.html

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 3:08 PM

I'm not sure anyone here could answer that difinateively but my 2 cents would be that an actual adhesive could perhaps right away or over time interfere with the factory coating...

There are a lot of screen protectors that rely on static cling that work just fine like the ones I use found at the link below... I've used those since the first iPhone I put a cover on years ago and have never been dissappointed at all...

www.powersupportusa.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2012 3:08 PM in response to JFazYankees

I'm not sure anyone here could answer that difinateively but my 2 cents would be that an actual adhesive could perhaps right away or over time interfere with the factory coating...

There are a lot of screen protectors that rely on static cling that work just fine like the ones I use found at the link below... I've used those since the first iPhone I put a cover on years ago and have never been dissappointed at all...

www.powersupportusa.com

Will a screen protector with a silicone adhesive remove or impair the oleophobic coating on the iPhone 5's screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.