Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hissing sound on Bose Companion 2 Series II

Hello everyone, I have a set of Bose Companion 2 hooked up to my mac. When no sound is being put through, I get a weird hissing, popping and buzzing. Is this normal? I tried changing the cables, but it didn't resolve the issue....

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 4:34 PM

OK, found a solution: I have my MacBook Pro and Apple Universal Dock hooked up simultaneously to the speakers. When I connect the dock to the Mac's USB port (using the Apple iPod sync cable), I get the weird hissing and poping etc (when I unplug the USB, it stops). So it has to be something to do with the USB interfering with the line out of the iPod/Universal Dock.

Anyone know why the USB is causing problems?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2012 4:34 PM in response to moritzhberg

OK, found a solution: I have my MacBook Pro and Apple Universal Dock hooked up simultaneously to the speakers. When I connect the dock to the Mac's USB port (using the Apple iPod sync cable), I get the weird hissing and poping etc (when I unplug the USB, it stops). So it has to be something to do with the USB interfering with the line out of the iPod/Universal Dock.

Anyone know why the USB is causing problems?

Hissing sound on Bose Companion 2 Series II

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.