Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Animated GIFs in Aperture plug-in?

I have searched already but the closest thing I found was an article dating back to 2010, which nobody replied to. I like GIFs and I like animated GIFs, I think it's a guilty secret/passion for a lot more than people realise (maybe even aPNG too??) so why doens't Aperture support them, well, who knows, but surely there should be a plug-in for it?

If so, does anybody know?

Thanks.

MacBook (13-inch Late 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.3), 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 4:55 PM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2012 5:57 PM in response to Hamper

I don't think you'll find one -- you're looking in the wrong place. Aperture is a photographer's toolset for creating and managing a non-destructive workflow from files created by digital cameras to publishable pictures. GIFs -- and especially animated GIFs -- are graphics entities that have little or nothing to do with photography or with files created by digital cameras.

Here is one of the things Apple says about its product:

Aperture is a professional photography application that lets you refine images, showcase your photography, and manage massive photo libraries.

Oct 7, 2012 6:00 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

I know that's the answer, I've heard it before, but Aperture caters for GIFs and so it should cater for more than just the static variety. I think Aperture's evolving to be more than just a a pro photo app, I think it's more of a media app now, look, it accepts PDFs but what have they got to do with photgraphy?

*note: once PDFs are imported their subsequent pages cannot be viewed, which is a similar issue*

Oct 8, 2012 9:08 AM in response to Hamper

*note: once PDFs are imported their subsequent pages cannot be viewed, which is a similar issue

Not true if you drag a pdf file onto the Aperture icon you will be presented with this window

User uploaded file

If you convert the PDF doc into JPG (or TIFF) you'll get one image per page. If you keep it as a PDF then you are limited to seeing the first page (though the entire document is in Aperture).

Animated GIFs in Aperture plug-in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.