Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to facebook exporter for iphoto?

I keep getting an error when trying to share photos from iphoto to facebook. I have tried all the common things, but now I see that there is no longer facebook exporter for iphoto. I have had this Macbook Air since May, and was able to share photos via iphoto exporter to facebook, and now all of a sudden it is not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 7:57 PM

4 replies

Oct 28, 2012 3:26 AM in response to Cournyer

I had Iphoto exporter plugin installed previously and it would show up on file-export as an option. Then mysteriously it was gone as an option. I tried to download the plugin again from Cnet and when I try to install it I get and error saying "It can't be opened because of an inidentified developer my security preferences only allow installation of only apps from your Mac app store and identified developers"

How do I turn off that security so I can reinstall it again. As for why my original install disappeared I am mystified about that. Why was it there one month and then poof gone the next month?

I like that 3rd party plugin as it lets me caption all the photo's and rearrange the order and write a discription all in one application. It works better than the share button way of doing it to facebook.

Is it not compatible with Iphoto 9.4.1?

What happened to facebook exporter for iphoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.