Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing QT files edited on FCP - HDV to FCPX?

Hi,

I am editing HDV clips on FCP. I then want to create QT clips that I want to import to my laptop which has FCP X.

The FCP X says it cannot read the files... please, when I create the QT sequences in FCP what is the compression I should use, or how do I make the clips compatible?

thank you...

T in sydney

Final Cut Pro X, Quicktime

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 11:59 PM

export from with as proRes422 file …

that is FCPX 'native' format.-

7 replies

Oct 8, 2012 4:46 PM in response to Karsten Schlüter

That helped a lot> any PRO RES 422 right? any specific dimensions and frame rate...there are so many options: can I use i.e. pro res 422 / 1440x1080 25 fps I am burning the clips but havent tested if the format I chose was correct, does that matter or does it only matter that they are PRO RES 422?

The specificity you choose corresponds to the format you recorded with? I recorded on HDV 1080i P

thank you.

T

Nov 11, 2012 5:14 PM in response to Karsten Schlüter

Hi Karsten,

I think the prores422 worked perfectly for some material but for some images I shot at night It seemed the original material was in better quality.

I am working in two computers.

so I imported sequences shot originally in HD1080i and imported them via the 'fcp7 to x' application. It seems to be in best quality possible.

the question is...When creating the sequence in fcpx should I maintain the 25i or put it 25p?

THank you for your feedback and time!

Best,

T

importing QT files edited on FCP - HDV to FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.