Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar returns 400 error

Hi all,

Since adding a rather large calendar, I get the following error in Calendars (previously iCal):

The request for account “iCloud” failed.

The server responded with

“400”

to operation CalDAVAddCalendarQueueableOperation.

Anyone any ideas to resolve this issue?

TIA,

Jasper.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 15" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 1:15 PM

I solved my problem myself.

When you don't have a local account you can't import a new calendar (.ics file) directly to iCloud.

What you have to do is copy the web address (URL) of the .ics file and then subscribe to that URL in Calendar.

Not sure if this is a bug or feature though 😕

11 replies

Apr 2, 2014 7:18 AM in response to TriangleJuice

Some days ago, I got exactly the same message.

I wanted to create a new Google calendar subscription and I wanted to put it (maybe wrongly) in my iCloud list. The calendar never appeared in the side bar, but instead I got this message full of myth and magic. 😉

After hours of google'ing around I found a solution, which solved my problem:

I closed iCal/Calendar. I opened my user library (press 'alt' and select 'Go to' --> Library in the menu bar) and took a look into the 'Calendars' folder were I just deleted the file 'Calendar Cache' and 'Calendar Cache~' (if there). Starting Calendar again, everything synced well again, no mean messages or anything. Then I imported the Google Cal via Preferences --> Mail, Contacts and Calendar. Worked without errors.

Cheers.

Feb 4, 2016 5:18 PM in response to iQuant

Thank you! The backup or export of my calendar archive, shutting down Calendar and deleting the Calendar cache files in the user/library and restarting Calendar and importing the backup solved a problem I have been gnashing my teeth about for quite some time. Who knew it would be so straightforward. I am using Calendar 8.0 on a Mac Air running OS X 10.11.1 - thanks again.

Nov 11, 2016 5:29 PM in response to TriangleJuice

I was able to solve my problem with this issue by:

1. Create a new calender

2. Select the old/problem calender

3. Select all the events in that calendar - I selected a single appointment, and then cmd-a to select all the events within that calendar group

4. Unchecked/turned off the old/problem calender

5. Selected the new calendar, clicked on a date within the calendar, and pasted

6. Deleted the old/problem calendar, and then renamed the new calendar

7. No more pop-up error messages

Calendar returns 400 error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.