Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ical appointments changed due to daylight saving commencing

Hi,

Australian States other than Queensland commenced dayight saving at 2:00am on Sunday 7 October. Subsequent to this, the times for all future appointments in iCal on both my iPhone and MacBook were incorrectly changed to an hour earlier. I waited 24 hours to see whether the situation changed - and it hasn't. Does anyone know of a fix?

I have selected the local time zone in settings - so this isn't the cause.

Many thanks,

Chris

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 3:22 AM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2012 3:47 AM in response to ChrisK57

Hi everyone,

I just tried the following and it worked on my Macbook:

Under the Apple menu I chose System Preferences then clicked on teh Date and Time icon.

I then chose the Time Zone tab and ensured it was set in Queensland.

I opened iCal and selected Preferences under the iCal menu.

I then clicked on teh Advanced Tab and ticked "Turn on Time Zone Support"

Success - my appointments on my Macbook have reverted to the correct time!

Unfortunately the same can't be said for my iPhone 4. I accessed settings and turned on Time Zone Support and I ensured that the correct Time Zone is selected. I then turned the phone off and then on and synced to my MacBook. Nothing changed and future appointments are still an hour early - despite the fact that they are at the correct time on iCal on my MacBook.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Chris

Oct 10, 2012 2:55 AM in response to ChrisK57

Hi Chris,

I've now got an interesting one as well since daylight saving came in.

I'm in Perth so our time hasn't changed, but when I send an appointment from iCal to someone on MS Exchange, their appointment time shows an hour earlier.

However, if the appointment is for the very next day, the appointment time shows up fine at their end.

Not trying to change your subject, just noticing some strange stuff as well.

Cheers

Kim

Oct 10, 2012 5:03 AM in response to kimsira

Hi Kim,

Things keep getting 'curiouser and curiouser'!

I think I have solved my iCal issue on the iPhone. Changing the settings to Queensland time ensures all new appointments show the correct time. Unfortunately, it doesn't change existing appointments en masse. I have go into each individual appointment and change the time zone to a city in Queensland and they reset to the correct time.

It is strange that Sydney was set as my default time zone.

Chris

Oct 10, 2012 9:14 AM in response to ChrisK57

Hi Chris,

Glad your getting closer to resolving your issue.

My problem is pretty out there. 🙂

I did more testing later today and it seems any appointment I send to someone from my iCal to our work MS Exchange system up to the 27th of October is fine. For example I send an appointment for 10am and their calander will see it as 10am.

However, any appointment I make from the 28th of October onwards is received but for an hour earlier. So I send an appointment time for 10am and at their end it will be for 9am.

It's got me guessing. 🙂

Cheers

Kim

ical appointments changed due to daylight saving commencing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.