Skip navigation

Amber light blinking all the time

507 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2012 2:12 AM by Badrakumar RSS
Badrakumar Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 8, 2012 4:37 AM

Hi

I have an Airport express from 2008. (N)

I recently bought a new airport express to extend the WIFI.

Ever since I installed the new one the old one is Blinking Amber light all the time.

What is the issue it it indicating? How do I deal with it.

Badrakumar

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • CRMDVM Level 4 Level 4 (1,360 points)
    Oct 8, 2012 2:32 PM (in response to Badrakumar)

Hi - first of all is the old Express connected directly to a modem or another router?

• CRMDVM Level 4 Level 4 (1,360 points)
    Oct 9, 2012 7:53 PM (in response to Badrakumar)

Thanks for the reply - a blinking amber light indicates a connectivity problem with the internet or some other error - you can see what the error is by using the Airport Utility - and make sure that there is no firmware upgrade available - sometimes the problem is solved simply by re-powering the system starting with the modem and proceeding down the line - however in your case, I would recommend switching the 2 Expresses and put the new one after the modem and use the older one as the extender - I would set up the new one first and then older one - I would do a factory reset on each unit before you do this - consider these options and let me know how you make out.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.