Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to delete events from my calendar but the edit option doesn't appear after the IOS6

I want to delete events from my calendar but the edit option doesn't appear after the IOS6

iPhone 4S

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 4:21 AM

14 replies

Oct 8, 2012 8:20 AM in response to vively

Go to Calendar app and tap on "Calendars" button up left. How many calendars are there? Maybe one of these is a Shared calendar that you not have the rights to edit.

Check also Settings>Mails, Contacts, Calendars> scroll down to calendars area and choose the Default Account you want want to start the new event.

Sorry for my English

Oct 8, 2012 3:11 PM in response to vively

Thank you for your last reply.

I made what you said and noticed that I have some events can be edited and others no.

Events that are edited I can delete.

Events that are not edited I can't delete.

Reason: I think that is because I clicket wrongly on invitation and invited myself. These ones can't be deleted.

I don't know what I have to do with these ones.

Strange thing is on my IPad I didn't download yet the IOS6, these events are not there anymore, but are still in my Iphone, where is on IOS6

If you have some advise, please let me know.

Your English is perfect, thank you.

Oct 8, 2012 3:20 PM in response to cheonweb

Thank you for your last reply.

I made what you said and noticed that I have some events can be edited and others no.

Events that are edited I can delete.

Events that are not edited I can't delete.

Reason: I think that is because I clicket wrongly on invitation and invited myself. These ones can't be deleted.

I don't know what I have to do with these ones.

Strange thing is on my IPad I didn't download yet the IOS6, these events are not there anymore, but are still in my Iphone, where is on IOS6

Now I found out that my events are also in my email, I delete from there and I got my events deleted also from Iphone. Just simple.

Your English is perfect, thank you.

Oct 8, 2012 3:25 PM in response to cheonweb

Sorry I made a lot of confusion, I don't know how this works yet. So, I didn't know I had already for you and send the messages 2 times, sorry.

I found out, but don't know if it is correct or not.

Since my events are also in my email, I deleted from there and got it deleted also from the Iphone.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

I'm new with the IPhone and IPad, I have always a lot of doubts.

Thank you for your help.

Oct 9, 2012 5:19 AM in response to vively

Good news.

If you want to be accurate, it's not a calendar from your email account. It's from Google account that supports many services like email, calendar and others.

You don't have to send invitations to your self. Just create an event in your browser or iPhone and automatically syncs with other devices. You can edit or delete those event from any of your devices.

Glad I helped.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.