Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i change the name of my podcast?

it appears normal in my personal itunes library, but when i search for it, it appears differently, it's got mixed up somehow with the name of the next episode i was going to upload.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 6:44 AM

The title is carried in the 'title' tag of the feed, and you would need to change it in whatever method you are using to create your podcast. What has caused the search results you see I couldn't say, but if you would like to post the feed and iTunes Stores URLs it might be possible to check for any oddities.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2012 6:44 AM in response to studiosessionsradio

The title is carried in the 'title' tag of the feed, and you would need to change it in whatever method you are using to create your podcast. What has caused the search results you see I couldn't say, but if you would like to post the feed and iTunes Stores URLs it might be possible to check for any oddities.

Oct 8, 2012 8:03 AM in response to studiosessionsradio

The 'title' tag now reads 'Studio Session Global EDM Radio Show - September 2012 - Jonathan Exley Mix' and this is reflected when subscribing. The iTunes Store caches the feeds and visits them periodically to check for updates, so any new episodes can take 1-2 days, occasionally more, to appear. This change should appear in a day or so, though it's possible that the Store won't see the feed as changed until you upload a new episode.

how do i change the name of my podcast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.