Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with projects with transitions

Hi everyone,

I have a (iMac 27-inch mid 2011) with 10.7.5. When I am working with a project in iMovie and in this project I insert transitions (effects into photos), I have a problem when I make export (share) of the project: at 4 minutes the iMovie makes freeze and it doesn't response. If I delete the transitions then the process works fine. The hard drive is empty (more that 800Gb empty)

I updated all the apps, I deleted (with AppCleaner) the iMovie and reinstalled it (with Mac App Store) but nothing.

There is some option like iPhoto to rebuild database with CMD + ALT or something?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 7:12 AM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2012 9:21 AM in response to ErreKrbo

If you right click on your Event name (or right-click on one of the clips within the event), does it give you the option to "Optimize Media"? If so, optimizing would probably help this.

If not, open one of your event clips in QuickTIme Player and then click COmmand-I to open the Inspector. Tell us what is listed next to Format:

Also tell us the dimensions of the clip.

Oct 11, 2012 2:21 AM in response to AppleMan1958

Hi AppleMan1958,

The problem is that in the event I have only pictures, no videos. When I insert transition effects between images or insert music not export the video. If I remove all the transitions and music then there is no problem when exporting.

I tried to transfer the project with DropBox to other iMac and it works perfectly and I export the video without problems.

So the problem is in my iMac. Some plist that not erase AppCleaner?

Problem with projects with transitions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.