Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple has added iCloud.com to all my email addresses. Will .me and .mac be phased out at some future point?

Apple has added suffix iCloud.com to all my email addresses. Will .mac and .me be phased out at some future point?

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 9:52 AM

navy001 wrote:

Will .mac and .me be phased out at some future point?

Most unlikely. Can you imagine the bedlam if they did this? As with @mac.com when MobileMe was introduced, both versions of the address will be retained for existing customers, but new ones cannot be created (and that includes any aliases you might want to create - they will be @icloud.com only).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2012 9:52 AM in response to navy001

navy001 wrote:

Will .mac and .me be phased out at some future point?

Most unlikely. Can you imagine the bedlam if they did this? As with @mac.com when MobileMe was introduced, both versions of the address will be retained for existing customers, but new ones cannot be created (and that includes any aliases you might want to create - they will be @icloud.com only).

Apple has added iCloud.com to all my email addresses. Will .me and .mac be phased out at some future point?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.