Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ARD is saying that Macbooks are sleeping when really they aren't so I can't connect. Please Help!

I have a whole list of clients that are saying that they are sleeping. I have one in front of me that I try to connect and is clearly it is awake but it's saying it is sleeping so it won't connect. They have the right IP address.

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 12:12 PM

4 replies

Oct 18, 2012 11:56 PM in response to LeviW

hey

i've been having this problem for a while as well and everytime an update comes out i cross my fingers that this will be fixed...

as iGary said quitting ARD always solves the issue but that is a very inconvenient workaround.....

anyone else have any insight into this? i always thought it was due to my IP settings, firewall or router settings...although i am running static IPs so i don't know....

peace will

ARD is saying that Macbooks are sleeping when really they aren't so I can't connect. Please Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.