Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP 2011 xi

I am thinking of using Mac Minis in my office for work stations. Does anyone know if the HP 2011 xi will be compatible with the Mac Mini?

Thank you,

Linda

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 12:32 PM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2012 7:12 PM in response to Linda in Phoenix

This really isn't a reply to my first question, but can anyone suggest a monitor in the $150. or less range (17 to 21") to use on work stations for mainly text.

I prefer glossy screens for text as we currently have iMacs and I would not like to go down to a fuzzy screen.

Is there a site that lists compatible screens for the mini? I can't seem to get any recommendations when I go into stores, e.g., Best Buy or Fry's. They are witless when it comes to what is compatible with a Mac.

Thank you.

Oct 8, 2012 8:43 PM in response to Linda in Phoenix

I just bought two Samsung S22B310 Monitors (1 for my Mini and 1 for my daughters) from BestBuy for a $149 each. Like most monitors they supports both DVI-D or VGA and work fine connected to the Mac Mini, using the Apple Supplied HDMI to DVI-D Adapter and a $10 DVI-D cable.

Samsung - 21.5" Widescreen Flat-Panel LED HD Monitor - Black High Glossy/Blue Deco - S22B310B

Here's the catch, most monitors only come with VGA cables and so your going to need to pick up some DVI-D cables as well.

Sadly BestBuy wants $25 for a $10 DVI-D cable, so you might want to buy cables from Amazon or another on-line supplier.

BestBuy > Dynex™ - 6.5' Single-Link DVI Cable - DX-DVI2M

Amazon > Cables To Go 26911 DVI-D Male/Male Dual Link Digital (2 Meter/6.56 Feet)

HP 2011 xi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.