Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Concerning iCloud.com account

Here is what I want to know.

First, iCloud.com email is showing up. NO i haven't received an email about it from Apple.

I have a .mac and .me account.

I have not manually changed anything in Mail preferences, yet I have iCloud (iCloud) listed as the title in the drop down. Yet in the "edit servers" in that dropdown menu there is nothing showing as you can see for iCloud at all, yet everything with .Mac and .Me email works fine and perfectly sending and receiving.

But the iCloud.com does not.

SO my question is this: once Apple send that email will the correct server address be automatically filled in and my _____@iCloud.com will then function?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Notice in the next shot after selecting "edit" iCloud has no server listed at all??????

User uploaded file

When people say "just wait" is this what will be filled in and eventually allow _______@icloud.com to work?????

Thanks in advance!

Cletus

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 2:05 PM

The server settings are the same and you don't need to set anything up. Once it's activated - which evidently it hasn't been yet - messages to your @icloud.com address will arrive in the same inbox as the @mac.com and @me.com addresses, and the iCloud account uses the same outgoing server for all three.

2 replies

Concerning iCloud.com account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.