7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 4:44 PM by babowa
fmaximus Level 1 (0 points)

I purchased a few months ago family pack OS X Lion from apple store, and i need to download it on my last upgraded machine (iMac 5.1). But when I go on apple apps store, it only offers the OS X Mountain lion which i need to purchase again.

How can I get the Lion I have already paid for?

Thank you

airport extreme
  • Kappy Level 10 (265,934 points)

If you need to purchase Snow Leopard contact Customer Service: Contacting Apple for support and service. The price is $29.00 plus tax. You will receive physical media - DVD - by mail.

Third-party sources for Snow Leopard are:

Snow Leopard from Amazon.com

Snow Leopard from eBay

After you install Snow Leopard you will have to download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 and give you access to the App Store.

• keg55 Level 5 (7,689 points)

Did you login to the App Store with the same Apple ID/password as when you purchased Lion?

It sounds like you just went to the App Store and saw OS X Mountain Lion as a selection to download as if this was your first time.

• fmaximus Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you. Sounds great, but I do not see anywhere how to log in once i am in the app store.

I went there by clicking on the app store icone on the dock of my iMac.

what am I missing?

• keg55 Level 5 (7,689 points)

Once you're in the App Store look on the right side of the App Store screen. You should see Account, Redeem, etc. Click Account and if you're not already logged in, you should be prompted for your Apple ID and password or just your password if your Apple ID is already populated.

• babowa Level 7 (29,950 points)

And, after you're logged into your account, check the Purchases section - Lion should be listed there.

FWIW, there is no "family pack" for Lion; your license allows you to download and install Lion on any Mac you own and control; you must use the same Apple ID you used to purchase it.

• fmaximus Level 1 (0 points)

thank you very much.

it worked.

you are correct about family pack, but i remembered that the apple store guy told me that once i purchased, i could download it as many time as necessary.

• babowa Level 7 (29,950 points)

Yes you can - as long as it's on/for a Mac you own and control. By the way, that license is not transferable, so if/when you sell a Mac that you purchased Lion for, you will need to uninstall it and reinstall the original system.