Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync conflict resolver cannot be accessed

Why is calendar sync conflict resolver consistently unaccessible?

I am using iPhone 4G, OS 6.0 (two - one for me and one for my husband) and desktop computer running Win XP Home Edition v 5.1 running MSOffice 2010. I link to Outlook via iTunes using USB to sync (also wireless generally) but can no longer get my calendars to sync.

Trying to be more efficient but getting stymied! Until the latest OS update I could easily resolve conflicts so all my devices had the same appointments. I do not want to "go to the cloud" .

Can someone help? I've tried removing all the appointments from one device and then syncing, but that did not work. Still got the same message and no updates from Outlook to the phone.

iPhone 4, iOS 6, MS Office 2010 Outlook

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 2:17 PM

I found a previous thread with a possible solution: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2669782?start=30&tstart=0

Here's the relevant info, from Gator5000e:

"What I did was to rename the file called conflicts.synconflicts I renamed it to conflictsold.synconflicts the .synconflicts is the extension so you can't rename that. I then restarted my computer, opened iTunes and connected my iPhone. It ran thru the full sync without any conflict errors. I only synced it once and a second sync may cause the problem to reappear but I am too chicken to try it right now. LOL!

Here is where I dound (sic) the file in Windows 7:

OS(C:) Users/(USER NAME)/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/SyncServices/Local/conflicts/conflicts.synconflict"

If you can't find the folder on your system, search C drive for all files matching *synconflict

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2012 2:17 PM in response to TnSFraserValley

I found a previous thread with a possible solution: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2669782?start=30&tstart=0

Here's the relevant info, from Gator5000e:

"What I did was to rename the file called conflicts.synconflicts I renamed it to conflictsold.synconflicts the .synconflicts is the extension so you can't rename that. I then restarted my computer, opened iTunes and connected my iPhone. It ran thru the full sync without any conflict errors. I only synced it once and a second sync may cause the problem to reappear but I am too chicken to try it right now. LOL!

Here is where I dound (sic) the file in Windows 7:

OS(C:) Users/(USER NAME)/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/SyncServices/Local/conflicts/conflicts.synconflict"

If you can't find the folder on your system, search C drive for all files matching *synconflict

Sync conflict resolver cannot be accessed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.