Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help with MacBook Pro with Retina display specs.

I am planning on purchasing a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display and was wonder if I need the 2.3 ghz i7 or the 2.6? And regardless it with be a 512 gb SSD if that helps. I will also be frequently be loading pictures, music, and the occasional movie. I will be using the following programs and doing the following things:

-iMovie

-Aperture

-Notes

-Pages

-Keynote

-All other programs that come standard and pre-installed

-iTunes for syncing my i-Pod with

-Safari

-and maybe e-mail

Any help someone can give me will be much appreaciated

Thanks,

Kynan

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 2:18 PM

Upgrade 2.3 -> 2.6 is worth it because it's relatively cheap and does provide non-negligible bump in performance.

Upgrade memory to 16GB since you only get one chance to do this and after build it can not be upgraded. I should note that 8GB is more than enough for the apps you listed but you never know if some requirement might come up in future.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2012 2:18 PM in response to Kynan Apple Fan

Upgrade 2.3 -> 2.6 is worth it because it's relatively cheap and does provide non-negligible bump in performance.

Upgrade memory to 16GB since you only get one chance to do this and after build it can not be upgraded. I should note that 8GB is more than enough for the apps you listed but you never know if some requirement might come up in future.

I need help with MacBook Pro with Retina display specs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.