Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make DVD with compressor.

After I compress the movie to MPEG2 format, I save it to the desktop. When I try to import it into idvd it wont accept it. I tried using imovie and i get the same problem.

Am I exporting it wron out of FCX? Its a wedding video and its about an hour with chapters, so in a nut shell, What are the steps startiung from FCX

Thanks for your help

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 2:07 PM

3 replies

Oct 9, 2012 9:13 AM in response to Russ H

So I just made all my chapters in my video and when I go to submit, I get the message "One or more jobs have no Targets". Then I try to pick a target and none of the options are highlighted until I drag in a setting. Which setting should I choose or am I missing a step earlier in the process?

Oct 9, 2012 9:48 AM in response to mvfrvd

Open the settings window. Hit the plus sign and click on Quick Time.

User uploaded file

Open the Inspector and in the Encoder pane click on video settings, From the drop down menu choose the codec of your source file. (im my example it happens to be Pro Res.) Leave fame rate current and other settings automatic.

User uploaded file

This will be a custom preset; name it and save. Then drag it to batch window and set a destination to create a target. Drag your source file (the wedding) to the source file well.

Hit submit. Bring that file into iDVD.

Good luck.

Russ

How to make DVD with compressor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.