Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do The New Earpods Hurt Your Ears?

The other day was the first time that I used the earbuds for about 6+ hours & I've realised i kind of piercing pain in my ears, Now I used to use the older headphones for an even longer period of time and never experinced this, has anyone else had this problem?

Earpods/ New Headphones-OTHER

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 12:06 AM

Yes, I just used my new earpods for the first time today, and after about 45 minutes I had to take them off because my ears were hurting :(

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2018 12:06 AM in response to ShaadyK

Yes, I just used my new earpods for the first time today, and after about 45 minutes I had to take them off because my ears were hurting :(

Dec 27, 2012 10:28 PM in response to ShaadyK

I'm really disappointed and sad becuase I must have a weird-shaped ear as cannot bear using the new iphone 5 earpods for more than 10 minutes. The new earpod's narrow part and the hard edges press against my ear and hurt a lot. I have tried readjusting them but they just don't fit me right. I feel left out, I wish they made smaller ones for people with smaller ear canals. 😟

Jan 15, 2013 9:20 AM in response to ShaadyK

I have had the new ear buds for two days and my ears really hurt! I was so dissapointed because i was very excited about the new buds. I have probably gone through 15 of the old pairs but never had an issue with pain. My right ear specifically is so sore that i can't even use my old pair right now. I understand that they won't be perfect for every ear but just wanted to voice my opinion. As far as apple goes i will continue to be a loyal customer with iphone, ipad, macbook pro...but may have to find a new rout for my earbuds...

Jan 20, 2013 12:37 PM in response to ShaadyK

I have the same problem, the earpods fit incredibly but after using the earpods for extended periods of time I notice a lump on the inside of my ear right where the side vent is. I have no idea what this lump is but I am positive its caused by my earpods. When I only have one earpod in, that ear gets worse, while the other one gets better, when I change which ear im wearing them in, the one with the pod gets worse and the one without it gets better. If anyone is getting strange lumps in their ears and knows what they are please let me know

Jan 21, 2013 7:14 PM in response to ShaadyK

At first I thought Apple had made some new great head phones that did not hurt my ears. Although these headphones have lasted longer than my previous Apple Headphones, I can't bare to wear them any longer. The skin over the cartilage located above my ear hole, is so badly irritated I've began to develope some kind of blister in both ears. I use my head phones everyday, I had a mini heart attack this morning because I thought I lost them in class. But I wish they would have really tested them out, sent one person out for a day and there response. Because I think I'm going to have to go back to wearing pesty old dollar store head phones.

Feb 6, 2013 4:38 AM in response to ShaadyK

why not make an eyepods, which will readjusting themselves based on the user's ears instead? That can save a lot of effort scanning numerous of people's ears and design a "unified design" for all types of ears but the the reality is, there is still people feeling discomfort while using it? With Apple's team of professions, it ain't science fiction.

Apr 3, 2013 5:36 PM in response to ShaadyK

I have just bought the new iPod nano 7th gen for my car/gym and found that after a few minutes the ear pods hurt my ears, specifically the right one. I have used them lots today to "break them in" but found i now have pressure sores in my ears. It's a shame as the sound is fantastic but have reverted back to the old ones for now. I think that apple should have made them from a more softer rubber type material rather than rigid as someone quite rightly said everyones ears are different.

Apr 19, 2013 6:34 PM in response to ShaadyK

Its the same for me. I could never fit the earbuds i always needed the flat earbuds without any extension into the earcanal. Ive tried several different pair of headphones and the original ipod earbuds were the ONLY ones that fit in my ear without making them hurt. Im not saying they shouldnt sell the new ones but they should sell the old ones because its an inconvienience for some people.

Do The New Earpods Hurt Your Ears?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.