Thanks for your input, I now realize you cannot have more than one website at a time on Mountain Lion. So, I decided to make several folders on my 500GB External and move all the Library "Domain.Sites2" to one folder, and all the separate folders that have my html & files into another folder.
- One "Websites from Library"
- Two "Website Master Folder"
Then when I want to work on one of the websites I do the following:
- Open the 500GB External Drive
- Go to and open the hidden iWeb Folder in the Library
- Make sure there are no "Domain.Sites2" in the folder
- Drag and Drop the "Domain.Sites2" I want to work on into the iWeb Library folder from the external drive
- Now open the iWeb application on the iMac and it will bring up the site.
- When I'm done, I save the site to the "Websites Master Folder" on the external
- Delete the "Domain.Sites2" from the iWeb Library folder
- Upload the site to my Hosting Site
You got me going in the correct direction, so I'll give you the credit.
Thanks for your input, I now realize you cannot have more than one website at a time on Mountain Lion.
That's not correct. You can have only one domain file titled Domain.sites2. But you can name each file after creating it to the site name and have as many as you need.
Then use Roddy's DomainCracker to selelect the website you want to use or change to.
I'm so sorry to bother you again.
Your suggestion sound good but I'm still having a problem. Here's what I did:
- Created a folder, lets call it "Websites", and placed it in my Home Folder
- Then created four folders inside the Website folder named with the website names
- Then I put the "Domain.Sites2" for each site in the respective folders, and renamed them "SiteName.Sites2".
- Then when I opened iWeb from the applications folder, and browsed to one of the sites, it did come up fine
- However, everytime I open any of the other Domain.Sites only the first one I browsed for comes up
- Even when I open iWeb from the Applications Folder only the first site I browsed to comes up
I downloaded "DomainCracker", but it won't open, the message says it is from an unknown developer and won't open?