4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 6:58 PM by davesnewlion
davesnewlion Level 1 (0 points)

I don't believe this to be a mistake but I have been finding my Reminders, Notes, Calenders and Contacts syncing from my iPhone to my Mac all by themselves. I didn't change anything to make this happen. As a matter of fact I made sure that the Automatic sync was switched OFF between my iPhone and Mac. I am running iOS 5.1.1(9B206) on my iPhone 4s and Lion OS X 10.7.5 (11G63) on my 2009 Macbook. Is this all normal? I will NOT download iOS 6 to my iPhone nore will I download Mountain Lion 10.8.0 to my Macbook. I am going to wait and watch for the trouble to happen with the cloud. I side and agree with The Waz. I don't like the Cloud concept but if it is going to be forced on me I am not shelling out a single penny for the OS X 10.8.0   Why pay when it is forced on you for free?

Am I the only one this is happeneing to or is this what is happening to others?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)
  • Imp68 Level 4 (2,590 points)

It's not forced on you.  Don't use it if you don't want to, but you do meet minimum requirements already, anyway. If you're already syncing, you're either doing it through iCloud or iTunes.

• pvonk Level 6 (13,722 points)

You should be able to use icloud with your current setup.  If you don't want to use the syncing features of icloud then turn them off on each device/mac.

Ouch!  A bit grumpy  today?

• davesnewlion Level 1 (0 points)

I went to settings and iCloud has my Apple ID user name and password, a 'sign in' tab and a 'Get a Free Apple ID' tab. Nothing else. There is are no other settings for iCloud on my  4s.

Auto sync on my Macbook IS turned OFF so it doedn't auto sync from iTunes when I plug it in.

• davesnewlion Level 1 (0 points)

My Macbook iCloud and my iPhone iCloud do not recognize my Apple ID PW. And that is a problem. I will call up AppleCare in the morning. No problem. If my car didn't work when I had to go to work in the morning it world be a problem.

ps: pvonk, Not grumpy at all. Your misinterpretation.  :-))