Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

q.com (CenturyLink) mail not synching

I have worked with my local ATT store , CenturyLink tech support, the local Genius store and apl-care to no avail. When using the iphone 4s mail app, my q.com mail no longer syncs and the mail folders are not displayed in the app. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix? The iphone mail app did work before. I wonder if there is a bug in the new operating system that I downloaded a few days ago.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 7:01 PM

I found the answer to your question....q.com accounts can be established as a POP account or as an IMAP account and when you enter in your information for the account set up in settings it automatically defaults to a POP account setting. But q.com accounts need to be established initially as an IMAP account in order to be able to see existing folders established within the account. The current IOS does not allow q.com accounts the option after initial set up for an IMAP configuration, so you need to do the following steps to bypass the system and configure the account correctly

In settings go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Select Add Account

On the next screen select Other for the account

Select Add Mail Account as the email account type

Enter in your email address

Enter in an incorrect password

Attempt to establish the account and after a few attempts the system will default to a page in which at the top of the screen you can choose IMAP or POP configuration

Select the IMAP configuration and enter in the correct password and follow the steps for the rest of the account set up

You should be good from there, sounds a bit extraneous in order to establish an email account but it is a successful work around. Hope this helps and good luck. :)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2014 7:01 PM in response to johns770

I found the answer to your question....q.com accounts can be established as a POP account or as an IMAP account and when you enter in your information for the account set up in settings it automatically defaults to a POP account setting. But q.com accounts need to be established initially as an IMAP account in order to be able to see existing folders established within the account. The current IOS does not allow q.com accounts the option after initial set up for an IMAP configuration, so you need to do the following steps to bypass the system and configure the account correctly

In settings go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Select Add Account

On the next screen select Other for the account

Select Add Mail Account as the email account type

Enter in your email address

Enter in an incorrect password

Attempt to establish the account and after a few attempts the system will default to a page in which at the top of the screen you can choose IMAP or POP configuration

Select the IMAP configuration and enter in the correct password and follow the steps for the rest of the account set up

You should be good from there, sounds a bit extraneous in order to establish an email account but it is a successful work around. Hope this helps and good luck. :)

Jan 11, 2014 7:15 PM in response to shelby8098

Sorry I forgot to mention that once you are able to establish the email account with the IMAP settings make sure you enter in the correct password in the incoming server and outgoing server information field.

I always forget that there are 2 places to input the password once you configure the account as an IMAP and get an error stating the information entered is incorrect ;)

q.com (CenturyLink) mail not synching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.