Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extract photos from iPhoto Library

I have noticed that over the years my iPhoto Library is some what corruted and a rebuild and other suggestions donnot help. I still have photos in the Library that don't show up in iPhoto.

I was thinking if there is a way to extract/export all photos from the Library and manually rebuild it. But is there a way or any app that can searc, find and export all the original photos to a folder where I can start sorting?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 5:38 PM

5 replies

Oct 9, 2012 9:41 AM in response to LarryHN

I have tried the rubild library instructions "Press and hold the Command and Option keys when you click on the iPhoto icon" on my iPhoto 9.4.1. and what ever else I found on the net.

So I have more or less given up and was therefore thinking just to extract all original photos and do the big painstaking task of make a new library, importing all photos and re-creating new events etc.

Oct 9, 2012 10:41 AM in response to Mats Jidaker

Well. If the photos are not in iPhoto then you obviously can not extract them

For what is there

1 You can launch iPhoto and export the photos,

2 you can rebuild or extract using iPhoto Library Manager or

3 you can right click on the iPhoto library, show package contents and copy the masters folder to get your originals. Copying the masters folder obviously gets all of the subfolders in it

LN

Extract photos from iPhoto Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.