Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extending licensing from "for personal use" to "shared non-commercial use". :)

Hello iTunes Store Forum, 🙂

I hope this message gets through to the right person. 🙂

Apple has made it easy to purchase music for personal use.

Can Apple go a step further adding a "Shared for Non-Commercial Use" licensing option so individuals can express themselves online through the music we add to home movies/slideshows uploaded to the web?

Apple could even start a video sharing site rivalling Google's YouTube if Apple could monetize the shared non-commercial use of copyright music directing these moneys to the copyright owners.

My concept is the user would have to purchase the music for personal use if they have not done so already before the user can pay to extend the license from "for personal use" to "for shared non-commercial use".

The iTunes store has addressed much of the outright theft of music via "Napster" or "Bittorrent" etc. I would think adding a "for non-commerical shared use" option could only be a good thing for users and the industry.

Many thanks. 🙂

I really hope this message gets through to a sympathetic ear or that Apple is already working on this very issue.

A cool Apple alternative to YouTube would be brilliant! Stick it to Google/YouTube. 🙂

Many thanks, Seamus Warren. 🙂

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 6:27 PM

1 reply

Extending licensing from "for personal use" to "shared non-commercial use". :)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.