Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad keeps dropping connection to WiFi

Hi,

I got my iPad last Friday and so far I've been pretty happy with it - except for the fact that I can't get it to keep a connection to the Wireless router.

I've googled this problem and the first thing everyone says to do is to ensure that my router is up-to-date with all of the correct Firmare, the only issue with this is that I'm staying in University Halls of Residence so I have no control over the network or the router.

My iPad will connect to the WiFi in the buildings I'm studying in fine, it just wont connect to any other network such as my Halls network, my MacBook broadcasting a WiFi network, or my phone broadcasting a network. I'm yet to try it on other hardware but I'm worried the same thing will happen.

Basically, when I connect to WiFi at first I have perfect signal and I can use it, then in about 10 seconds it will dissappear or the signal in the top left will flash from non-existent to full and then go off completely. Anyone else having an issue similar to this, is it worth taking the iPad back to the Apple Store and getting it replaced? 3 other people in my Flat have iPad 3's and they all connect just fine with no issues at all I seem to be the only one having this.

I've tried a hard reset (as iOS5) and I've even tried upgrading to iOS6 with no luck.

Thankyou,

Luke

iPad 3-OTHER, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 12:21 AM

There are no replies.

iPad keeps dropping connection to WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.