Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Really Weird?

Hi all. I have had IOS 6 on my phone since it came out my issue i have is when i was texting a friend the other night i went to search his name via clicking the messages icon compose message then search for the contact which finds him but for some reason it finds his name twice when i only have his new number saved onto my phone and i dont know how his old number which he no longer uses is still appearing upon when i find him to send him a text message. I have had a search via the internet on this issue and alot of forums are saying that it is IOS 6 full of bugs is this right?

Cheers,

Shaun

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 1:27 AM

5 replies

Oct 9, 2012 1:44 AM in response to shaunfromskelmersdale

My IOS 6 iPhone took my contact list from my computer's email Contacts, rather than my phones contacts, such that I have all kinds of folks now on my phone. Many of these people, I have never even had a phone number for, but some I have had more than one number in the past. Since I don't use my Computer Contact List for phone calls, I didn't bother getting rid of older phone numbers. You may have this issue, or your iPhone could have taken the two Contact Data content from iClould, where you may have had both numbers.

Really Weird?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.