Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV iTunes unable to sign in error

I'm now on 5.1 but Apple TV when tries to connect to iTunes says "unable to sign in. Apple tv can't connect to the server at this time. Please try again later."

I'm in Australia with the latest Apple TV, using wireless from my Telstra router that has had till now no issues using. Seems to have only happened since updated to 5.1.

Help please.

AppleTV 2, Software 5.1

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 4:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 4:58 PM

I was experiencing this same problem - getting time outs when my Apple TV was trying to access the iTunes Store from an Australian internet connection (not Telstra). I was going to post a "me too" response, but I was able to resolve it by pulling the power on the Apple TV and performing a cold boot. When it booted up it presented me with a What's New screen which I hadn't seen since the last software update, and let me connect to iTunes Match and the store again.

Give that a try and see if that fixes it for you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2012 4:58 PM in response to Sootie74

I was experiencing this same problem - getting time outs when my Apple TV was trying to access the iTunes Store from an Australian internet connection (not Telstra). I was going to post a "me too" response, but I was able to resolve it by pulling the power on the Apple TV and performing a cold boot. When it booted up it presented me with a What's New screen which I hadn't seen since the last software update, and let me connect to iTunes Match and the store again.

Give that a try and see if that fixes it for you.

Apple TV iTunes unable to sign in error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.