Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot use program, not supported by architecture? I have a MacBook running 10.5 and have a Snow Leopard upgrade disk to 10.6.3, and that is the error message that I keep getting as to why my update won't install.

I have a MacBook that I am trying to upgrade to Snow Leopard so that I may upgrade it then to Lion to make better use of my iPad and some of the n we tools that Apple has made available in Lion. I have checked and double checked that my MacBook meets the hardware expectations, and it does exceed the ones for Snow Leopard. however, every time that I try to run the install disk it tells me that the program is not supported by the current architecture. I have even tried to backend the processes by opening the install folder with "View Package Contents" option, but it still gives the same error message! Someone please help!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 5:18 AM

4 replies

Cannot use program, not supported by architecture? I have a MacBook running 10.5 and have a Snow Leopard upgrade disk to 10.6.3, and that is the error message that I keep getting as to why my update won't install.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.