Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer connect to the itunes store?

Does anyone know why my computer won't connect to the iTunes Store? iTunes recognizes my iPhone but when I try to connect to the store, the progress bar shows it's trying to connect but the computer won't finish connecting to the store. I have completely uninstalled & reinstalled iTunes and all Apple components and I still can't connect to the store.

Windows Vista

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 7:27 AM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2012 7:35 AM in response to patsamwolf

Problems connecting to the iTunes Store often stem from issues with the Windows firewall or a firewall in a router, a privacy filter (such as McAfee Internet Privacy Service or Norton Internet Security), an antivirus/antispyware utility, or a download accelerator. Start here:

iTunes for Windows: iTunes Store Connection Troubleshooting

iTunes for Windows: Connection Issues when using Internet Filters, Accelerators, or Firewalls

iTunes for Windows could not establish a secure connection to the iTunes Store

iTunes for Windows: Possible iTunes Store Errors

for some basic tips to start isolating the cause of the problem. What you may need to do is temporarily disable any such service and see if that fixes the problem. If so, then if it's a firewall/Internet filter that's causing the problem and you'll need to set the offending service to allow iTunes to connect to the iTunes Store.

Hope this helps.

Oct 9, 2012 3:28 PM in response to patsamwolf

when I try to connect to the store, the progress bar shows it's trying to connect but the computer won't finish connecting to the store.

If it's endlessly saying "Accessing iTunes Store" I'd try the following document:

Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

(If there's a SpeedBit LSP showing up in Autoruns, it's usually best to just uninstall your SpeedBit Video Accelerator.)

Computer connect to the itunes store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.