Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reporting corrections ref Maps

Maps [on my iPhone] seems to be working fine more or less but I noticed an error in the directions [telling me to turn R on a street that goes one way L - I knew it because I knew my city but if I were from another place, might not know.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 12:36 PM

If you are looking at the map, in the lower right corner, it looks as if the page is turned up slightly. Tap on that and you can "see" behind the map. Just above the print button, there is a link that says, "Report a Problem. If you tap on that, it provides a screen to report different types of issues.

I agree that Maps are improving. The other day after reading an article about the fact that 3D was not working at the Statue of Liberty, I tried it. There was no 3D. However, today after reading your post, I went back and found a beautiful 3D flyover of the Statue. It will take time, but it is working.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2012 12:36 PM in response to Victoria Herring

If you are looking at the map, in the lower right corner, it looks as if the page is turned up slightly. Tap on that and you can "see" behind the map. Just above the print button, there is a link that says, "Report a Problem. If you tap on that, it provides a screen to report different types of issues.

I agree that Maps are improving. The other day after reading an article about the fact that 3D was not working at the Statue of Liberty, I tried it. There was no 3D. However, today after reading your post, I went back and found a beautiful 3D flyover of the Statue. It will take time, but it is working.

Oct 13, 2012 2:59 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I've reported a number of problems and errors but nothing has been updated and I don't know if apple or tomtom are even getting my reports. Is there an online incident queue so we can see the progress on each report? This would be v. Helpful if apple are running this in a crowd source way. Also that dark grey report link on a mid grey background is too difficult to find. If this maps app is being fixed by users, the report a problem link should be on the map itself - not hidden away.

Oct 13, 2012 4:06 AM in response to iinami

I have an old tomtom I use in the car. Even that is more up to date map-wise than the apple maps app.

By the way. Safari, the default browser for ipad, is unable to give me the comment-editing tools for this forum that I can get with the Terra browser. You'd think apple would have sorted its own discussion forum to be compatible with safari on ipad.

Oct 18, 2012 1:21 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Chris,

There are many country Towns in Western Australia that, in response to a search, locate a pin in the middle of nowhere, 10 to 20 kilometer from where they should be. It would appear to be a fundamental issue with the conversion to vector maps.

Any idea when Apple expects to fix this major major error.

This is the most serious issue with Maps right now, since it could send an unwary Tourist off on a wild goose chase into the middle of the desert.

Apple Maps is a much better App than the Google mobile web site, better GUI, integration with Contacts, etc...

Robert

Oct 18, 2012 8:18 AM in response to Robert J McInnes

To be honest with you, I don't really know. As a user, I have just investigated as much as I can about the reporting process and have not read anything about screen captures. I know when I search for my home address, it places the pin about 2 houses down to the east. I live on an east-west street. I reported the wrong location, and it allows you to move the pin to the correct location. I'm not sure how that works, but I'm also not sure how long it will take to correct. Given just the number of complaints logged here on this one forum, I can just imagine the number of complaints/corrections they may have received. Given that, it will take people that work in the GIS portion of things a while to change latitude/longitude information. I believe they are working on it, and since the data is downloaded fresh when you search, at some time it will change.

I also understand your second post, and that is one reason why I would never go without a paper map, even though they can be out of date just as easy as the electronic data. In Google, the satelite view for my house was quite old, however when I looked at the satelite image in the Apple Maps, it was within the last two years. I could tell because of work I had done to the house. The Google shot was at least 4 years old.

reporting corrections ref Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.