Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I "unsolve" a question, if I accidentally clicked "this solved my question"??

I just made a post, and I accidentally clicked "solved" but it ain't. Is there a way to reverse this action or am I left wishing my thumbs weren't so tap-happy?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 12:03 PM

You're left wishing 😉

Once you mark a post there is no way to go back. You can add a post explaining the situation and what solution you actually found.

regards

3 replies

Oct 9, 2012 12:58 PM in response to bluehemisphere

If you're concerned that people may bypass your question since it appears to be solved, you can start a new thread, explaining that you inadvertently marked the issue as "solved" in the original thread, and including a link pointing back to the original question so people can see what solutions have already been provided. I'd recommend also including a brief description of the problem so that people don't have to read the original thread to know if they might have information that would be relevant.

Regards.

Nov 4, 2015 7:43 AM in response to varjak paw

Clearly this is something that should be reconsidered by Apple and the moderators. It's too easy to accidently tap the 'solved' button as your scrolling or otherwise navigating (especially with an iThing). I just did it and the answer certainly wasnt correct, I'm not about to start a new thread, but did explain what I think is a more correct response. It's just unfortunate to mark an incorrect answer a solution, my bad I guess.

Can I "unsolve" a question, if I accidentally clicked "this solved my question"??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.