Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IP printing Canon ir C2550

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro running Lion. I have installed all the updates Canon drivers from Canon. I have also installed the Canon package from Apple.

If I connect via USB to my Macbook I can print from the Canon with no issues. However, I cannot print wirelessly over the network.

When I try to install the Canon copier as an IP printer using LPD or IP, inserting the ip address it says "valid and complete address". However, when I go to "print using" and attempt to add the driver with "select print software" there is nothing in the pop up list. In fact the list is totally blank.

When I try and find it using "other" I do not get the option to just select the driver only a Canon utility which doesn't help either.

I've been working on this off and on for about 6 months. At this point I've decided I'm either missing something simple or something is broken in the Canon copier. Either way I'm starting to feel stupid. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 12:03 PM

There are no replies.

IP printing Canon ir C2550

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.