Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change background color

This close to finishing a newsletter using the Real Estate Newsletter template for Pages. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to change the green background color where the pictures are placed (I used the exact photo place settings). I've clicked around the green box, but can't get to a place to change the color. Probably something simple I'm overlooking?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 1:04 PM

I clicked on that background & looked in the metrics inspecter to find out more about it. That green background is a .png image file & it is not locked like many of the objects in the templates. The easiest way to change it is to delete it & insert another image or shape of your choosing.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2012 1:04 PM in response to infoguy

I clicked on that background & looked in the metrics inspecter to find out more about it. That green background is a .png image file & it is not locked like many of the objects in the templates. The easiest way to change it is to delete it & insert another image or shape of your choosing.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Oct 11, 2012 8:43 AM in response to infoguy

I assume you mean the two-column page, which is the first in the list of pages you can insert. The long divider between the sidebar & the two-column box can just be selected & deleted. The divider in the shorter text box is more difficult to grab but is just as easy to delete. To select it I clicked in the margin & dragged my cursor until the box & divider were selected then ⌘-clicked on the text box to deselect it then pressed the delete key to delete the divider.

User uploaded file

Oct 11, 2012 11:56 AM in response to infoguy

Some of the lines are really hard to grab. Try clicking on a text box and dragging it a little so as to expoce the line you want to delete. Delete the line then drag the text box back into position. I was able to delete every line on the page. If you want to delete the box around the chart, select it and go to the Graphic Inspector, and under Stroke, choose none.

Walt

How to change background color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.