Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remotely removing profiles with Profile Manager?

Hi All,

I continue to work through the setup of Profile Manager to manage my iOS devices and have entered the stage where I'm simulating the departure of an employee. I have to remove all of the profiles that I had previously installed via Profile Manager.

The easiest way I can find is to delete the device from the Devices List in Profile Manager. While that removes the Remote Management profile all of the profiles I have created and applied via Profile Manager, the Trust Profile remains on the device. While this is not a big deal if the device is owned by the company and I can get my hands on it, that may not always be the case. There will likely be times when it's a BYOD and I won't be able to gain access to the device to remove the Trust Profile manually.

I guess I have two questions here:

1. Is it possible to remove the Trust Profile Remotely?
  2. If not, what is the harm in leaving the Trust Profile on a device you no longer 'Trust'?

Thanks in advance for any input you can offer!

Cheers

Ken

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Profile Manager MDM

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 2:07 PM

1 reply

Apr 5, 2016 6:50 AM in response to Richmonk1

I'm experiencing a variation of this issue. We are transitioning servers, moving Profile Manager services from Server-Old to Server-New. I haven't dabbled with the iOS devices much but on the Mac OS X clients, I can unenroll them from Server-Old's PM, which removes the configuration profiles but leaves the trust profile. The problem I'm experiencing is that when I want to add the client to Server-New's PM, the enrollment fails if the old trust profile is still present. The only way I've found to remove the old trust profile is on the client itself. We're only talking a dozen Macs so it's not too bad a task... but I'd love a better way.

Remotely removing profiles with Profile Manager?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.