Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Studio AND Logic 9 - EXS Sampler instruments and samples MISSING.

Recently a sampler instruemnt did not load up. The error message was "... samples are missing".

I had a look in the Library/Application Support/Logic/EXS Factory Samples folder and sure enough, they are missing.

I then noticed there are a LOT missing.

I then checked the Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments folder, and there are a LOT of sampler instrument files and folders missing.

I remember noticing this a few months ago. But then I did a full reinstall on my Mac.

Now there are more of these files missing.

I've tried to reinstall Logic.
I've tried to install the content discs again.

No joy.

Also, many presets (for example in the Delay Designer) are missing.

This is all since my new 17" Macbook Pro and Lion.
Feels like Apple have lots of glitches in the new hardware & software - I never had these issues since using Logic for the last 13 years.

I would love a simple answer to this!

In addition, I just bought and downloaded the Logic 9 app for a charity I work for on a couple of their computers. And there is the same problem there, except the amount of files missing on each computer varies. Also, many presets (for example in the Delay Designer again) are missing also.

If you could help, please do.

And apologies if there is already a thread answering this question - I tried but couldn't find an answer.
There are solutions of using 3rd party software, but I really want Apple to be able to solve this one in house as it's not ok.

Thanks!
Steve 🙂

macbookpro, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 2:00 PM

There are no replies.

Logic Studio AND Logic 9 - EXS Sampler instruments and samples MISSING.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.