Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I accept mail invites in iCal sent to Mail?

Ok I'm sure there is an easy answer...this is driving me batty...

I get lots of iCal invites that are sent to my email address.

When I open iCal, very few of them appear in the "Notifications" area to allow me to say Maybe/Decline/Accept

The way I have to accept most of them is to:

1. go to email for the invite

2. click "Accept" (opens a new browser tab)

3. within browser tab click on "Download .ics" (Add to iCal), which opens a download window

4. in download window select "Open with... iCal"

5. asks which calendar I want to add it to (like "Home"), so I hit OK

then it adds it to my iCal

I get tons of iCal invites...is there a way just to let me just accept them from within iCal?

I don't have a Cloud subscription of anything (if that matters).

Thanks all-

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Time Capsule

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 3:40 PM

3 replies

Oct 23, 2012 3:01 AM in response to aquestionortwo

same problem, driving me nuts...

i get calendar invites in mail, can be from any calendar, Ical, iCloud, Google, any... none get auto invited in to iCal/Calendar [whatever its called now]. They used to... dont now..

on Mountain Lion, everything is up to date, settings are correct [i think].

does this have anything to do with everyone elses iCloud invites problem? seems to be a general iCloud invites problem but dont know if this is linked to it.

I have to manually add the data from my invite into Calendar at the moment as a cant drag it as it makes the invite where i drag it and not thr date it should be, i cant open the ICS as it opens Entourage...

Help...

Why can't I accept mail invites in iCal sent to Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.