Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now that my iPod is shipping...

Now that my iPod Touch 5g is shipping I have a queston to ask. Is it possible to start up your ipod from a previous generation's backup (4g iPod touch running iOS 5.1)?

Even if I can, I don't know if I really want to or not. I have some games that have saves in, but I really don't care if I have to start over. What are you all planning on doing? Fresh start or not?

iPod Touch 5g (soon)-OTHER, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 4:21 PM

I think it is possible to restore from a iOS 5 backup. Try doing so, and iTunes should either (1) Upgrade the backup to iOS 6 and install the backup on your device, or (2) Tell you it cannot be done.

I personally am starting fresh with my new iPod.

5 replies

Oct 9, 2012 4:26 PM in response to lllaass

Ok. I really didn't know how that worked. Thanks!

I am really considering a fresh start... Does anyone know what happens if you sign in to gamecenter and the game say... temple run had a score saved to gamecenter, does the score on the fresh app change to your gamecenter high score? If it does, I'm going to not use my old iPod's backup.

Now that my iPod is shipping...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.