Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone have a sticky home button on iPhone 5?

I just got my iPhone 5 a week ago and it has been very close to me the whole time. Over the past day the home button seems to feel like there is a sticky substance under the button. I have NOT spilled anything on it or used it with sticky fingers. I have been very careful with this phone as anyone is with new electronics. It seems to be getting worse.

It makes a louder noise when its doing this like whatever is under the button is letting lose and making the button click harder(Im sure that doesn't make sense). Imagine the sound coming from a button that you have spilled something on and its sticky.

I'm sure there is someone on these forums that has dealt with a sticky home button and knows what im talking about.

Is it possible that there is some glue residue that is still drying from the factory that happened to get under the button?

Thanks ahead.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 4:39 PM

5 replies

Anyone have a sticky home button on iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.