Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life on the iphone 5! 1-percent battery loss every two minutes while in use.

Battery life on the iphone 5! 1-percent battery loss every two minutes while in use.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 6:17 PM

Restore your device as NEW

7 replies

Apr 1, 2014 3:48 AM in response to Cjhoie19

The link does perfectly work.

But here you go a copy of my post from the other topic:

In the case of my wife and I the battery drain problem began with iOS7.0.6. and continued also after updating to iOS7.1. I also did all these things and had no luck in resolving the matter untill someone said it may be an app process which is still hanging and/or using constant GPS/data and keep running in the background (although i had GPS set to off and also refresh in background was turned off).

It was a bug with an app that caused the battery drain with our two iPhone 4S see also my posts in this other topic. I also noticed that the use and stand-by time were exactly the same which is ofcourse not correct. This was all caused by this app which was using GPS tracking all the time. Unfortunately an app such as System Activity Monitor did not indicate that in my case but someone posted this solution on a Dutch forum that the previous version of the app 'Scoupy' had a draining data/GPS bug since iOS7.0.6 and still in iOS7.1 and caused this battery drain. Since removing the app the battery use is back to normal (was 14 hours maximum during drain period) and is now again at least 24 hours or even 1,5 day depending on our use of the phone. It is also again indicated at Settings > General > Use > Stand-by and Use time are different again.

Ofcourse it's a long shot that you have this app installed (it's Dutch) but others also mentioned that it was Viber and Pango+ and Isracard which caused the battery drain. But ofcourse it could be another app in your case. Please dive into the diagnostics logs i know it's a pain to search there! I'm saying this to see which app process is running since ages and could cause the battery drain.

In that case you need to dive into the Settings > General > Info > Diagnostics and Use >

Diagnostics and Use >logs per app to determine which app isn't closed although you turned off your phone (or even in my case reset to factory settings without backup). It's unfortunately pretty hard to find the app that is causing this.

I wish Apple would come up with a better way (instead of searching through diagnostics logs) to determine which app(s) are causing the battery drain (constant running in background) so more users could easier find out which app(s) has/have a huge bug. So you know that you could remove that app(s) from your iPhone completely and see if that resolves the problem. In our cases it did resolved the battery drain. I did not look for apps which show this but none of them indicated Scoupy as the problem so I was lucky another user already searched through the diagnostics logs and installed/removed every app to determined which was the app that caused the battery drain.

I do have System Activity Monitor (paid version) installed and also another app called System Status - activity monitor (paid version) but both did not show the app which caused the drain at the time.

I like these app below much more because the have a better view in showing the process (especially apps) that are running:

- 'ActMonitor' by Aeonika - paid version

- 'System Status Monitor - Battery...' by (Digifun Studios) - free and paid version

==========

I would also advise you to look especially at the main battery using options (aside from Push notifications from apps) which are:

# Settings > Refresh apps on background. I would suggest to completely turn that off

# Settings > Privacy > Location tracking > Only Maps, Google Maps are allowed to use location tracking in my case, you could also turn that off completely or be very selective which apps can use your GPS.

# Settings > E-mail, calendar .. >deselect 'Push' and set it to either Fetch e.g. once an hour for all separate e-mail accounts you have. In your case you could set it to Manual so you won't use any data as long as you won't open your E-mail app and manually download e-mails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.