Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From Premiere Pro to Final Cut

Hi,

I am getting ready for post-pro on a project that my student-run group filmed this summer. Most of my editors will be using Final Cut, however, due to lack of transportation, one of my editors needs to use Adobe for his editing as that is what he has on his computer. I have the files from our camera (Panasonic HDC-HS900) and the audio files for him to work with. I will have him edit some individual scenes and then send them to me. What is the best way to convert the files so I can drop them in FCP without loosing tons of quality?

I will also need him to review/edit the sound from the various scenes and then send them to me. However, those scenes will first be edited in FCP on my computer by other editors...then need to be sound edited by him on his computer...and then need to go back to FCP for further editing. Is this even feasible? And if it is what is the best way to go about it? I oviously don't want to loose a bunch of quality doing this. We were thinking probably using google drive somehow to move the files. I have a decent amount of experience with FCP as I edited a movie on it last year, but the Adobe world is a bit of a mysterious void. Would it be possible to just send him the sound files to be edited? Any help on this issue would be well...helpful...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!

The Director

Epic Summer Movie

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 5:32 PM

There are no replies.

From Premiere Pro to Final Cut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.