Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search in Mountain Lion not working correctly

I work in an office with 10 + macs of various models and ages. Most are running Snow Leapord or Lion. We keep our master image file on a Mac Pro and when I need an image I select the shared folder on that Mac Pro over the network and type a keyword and hey presto all the files containig that word in the file name or meta description are displayed as results.

Last week I updated my iMac to Mountain Lion and suddenly I can't search over the network. I get either no results or results that I know to be ommiting files that exist.

As with the original post on this thread I've re-indexed Spotlight on both machines, repaiered permissions, zapped p-ram and all the other usual fixes with no luck.

Strangly on the iMac when I search locally it also does not display results correctly. I use Photoshop actions to make multiple size versions of raw images for use in different formats. After running the Photoshop action I then use search to quickly find the new images. For years now when I search my computer it would show me the new images right at the top of the results because I was displaying by date created. Now when I create new images they appear at the bottom of the search results under the heading "No Date", yet if I select the image I can see the correct date and time created in the file info.

Something is seriously wrong with Spotlight in Mountain Lion and it really needs fixing soon.

iMac G5, MacBook Pro and iPhone4-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 5:56 PM

There are no replies.

Search in Mountain Lion not working correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.