Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you sync an iPod to an iPad?

Can I sync my iPod to my iPad ?

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 6:28 PM

Physically using your iPad as a device to sync to is not possible. You cannot connect your iPod to your iPad. What you should do is connect them to iTunes and sync them that way. I hope this helps.

4 replies

Oct 9, 2012 6:33 PM in response to Trlhkr

You cannot sync one iDevice to another iDevice, - if you define sync as the transfer of apps, music , documents, photos etc., from one device to another device. iTunes is the tool through which you sync your devices. You can transfer all purchases, music, books - and purchased iTunes content from an iDevice into your iTunes library and then sync that content to your other iDevices.

You can however, keep your devices in sync by using iCloud for Automatic downloads of apps, music and books and for documents and data, reminders, contacts, Safari Bookmarks, Photo Stream, calendars, Notes and mail.

Apr 1, 2015 3:08 AM in response to albertz

If the shuffle had WiFi, you would be able to download the songs again at no charge into the device as long as you use the Apple ID that you used to make the purchases originally, but that's not how the device was designed to work. If that is what you want, you need to upgrade to an iPod Touch, I don't think it's fair to expect a $49.00 device to include every feature that every user could possibly want. The shuffle is meant to rely on iTunes on a computer.

Apple has come out with all sort so of iPod models ro try to suit different users needs with regard to content and cost. All Apple iOS and iPod devices were designed to use iTunes on a computer as the mother ship. That still has not changed. You do not absolutely need to use iTunes on a computer with some of the devices today, but you will not be able to experience every feature that the device has to offer without it.

Can you sync an iPod to an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.