Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerMac G5 Wont Startup - Dead Battery???

Hey yall, I have a 1.6 GHz BASE model PCI G5 with 4gigs of ram (maxed) and 80 gig hdd. My concern is that I unplugged it for a schedued power outage, and now it wont boot back up. Worked fine before. I replaced the PSU just in case, but same thing happens. The light on the front stays on for a second, then shuts off. No internals can be heard turning on. It has a 3rd party power cord, but it has been working just fine - first one was getting worn. Any ideas? Could it be the "VRAM Battery"? Thanks

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 10:32 PM

Hello,

Might be time to replace the PRAM Battery, 4 years is close to their lifespan, far less if ever without AC power, & can cause strange startup problems...

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20Technology/BAA36VPRAM/

1 reply

PowerMac G5 Wont Startup - Dead Battery???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.