Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I undo Facebook integration?

I updated my 4S to iOS6 and allowed it to connect my iPhone's contacts and calendar with Facebook, which I'm now regretting. (Too much clutter, plus I'm a little paranoid about privacy.)

I went to Settings > Facebook and turned off the three switches for Calendar, Contacts and Facebook, then hit Update All Contacts. But it didn't seem to reverse anything.

Can anyone tell me how to undo this data merge? Thanks much.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 9:25 PM

10 replies

Oct 10, 2012 4:31 PM in response to luneluxe

I ran into the same potential problem when my daughter asked why I hadn't posted pictures from a museum visit. I told her that when I went to upload the photos from iPhone to FB, the popup asked for my FB ID and Password. That was not unexpected even though I already have the FB App on my phone and have been using it. The bad part and the part that stopped me in my tracks was when I read that if I went further ALL MY FB CONTACTS WOULD BE LOADED INTO MY IPHONES CONTACT LIST. That I knew I would never want. Many of my FB contacts are not folks that I call regularly and I didn't want to be going through 300 extra contacts just to find someone in my phone. Wow ...There must be a way to stop those from being pulled into the phone. Also, the rest of the verbage in the popup gave me extreme privacy concerns as it indicated that any and all my Apps that would want to could then have access to my FB Contacts. What????

Oct 10, 2012 5:02 PM in response to WiseJD

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? I hate to sound like I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, but this kind of stuff has gotta be a goldmine for law enforcement (AKA Big Brother).

I think sometimes these engineers just do stuff because they can and it's cool. They don't realize that for us normal people, it's scary when we don't understand things and feel like we don't have control. I love technology and try to wrap my head around these things, but until I do, I want control!

Oct 15, 2012 7:18 PM in response to bizara

I just tried again. I did exactly what you said, and I still have info that came from Facebook on my iPhone.

For example, I had only a first name and phone number for a guy on my phone. Now that listing also includes his Facebook photo and his full name with a link to his Facebook page, even though he and I have never connected on Facebook.

How do I undo Facebook integration?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.