Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching between [(3 written Japanese) languages + English] takes a lot of work. As a language learner, I I'd sure love a shortcut!

Also, for those in the know, the "hiragana" often come out selected as katakana -- and vice-versa. Often, I need to retype them, a 2nd or 3rd time before they will come out correctly...then, choose the hiragana on the first line -- or it will default into changing them into Kanji.

What do you all do to work around these issues?

どうも!

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), iOS 6

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 10:04 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2012 6:27 AM in response to Genki_Guy

It's not very clear what your problem is. The standard shortcut for switching keyboard layouts is Apple/command + space. Does that not work for you? Or perhaps you are hitting it without realizing it and switching to katakana when you do not want to? Because I don't see hirigana switching to katakana all by itself. Please give a specific example of the problem you are seeing.

Switching between [(3 written Japanese) languages + English] takes a lot of work. As a language learner, I I'd sure love a shortcut!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.